My debut poetry collection, Salacia, is available to pre-order now from Parthian books.
I’ll be touring, reading from the collection and signing copies soon. In the meantime, you can find out a little bit more about the collection here, or learn about the Roman Goddess who inspired the title poem.
- Laugharne Fringe Festival, April 7th
- Llansteffan Literary Festival, June 9th
- Eisteddfod Cymru, August (TBC)
- Cardiff Lit Fest, September 7th
- Murrenger Poetry, September 19th
- Swansea Fringe Fest, October 5th-7th (date TBC)
- Voices on the Bridge, October 12th
- Abergavenny Writing Fest, March-April (date TBC)
Praise for Salacia:
‘I am particularly struck by the musicality of Salacia, where the poems chime and echo with the enchantment of spells. The poems are allusive with Plathean bell jars and “sticky pearls,” yet the subject matter is usually rooted in Welsh wild spaces and mythologies. Ultimately, Salacia coaxes sublimity from pain, reminding us that though we may be hurt, we can still be powerful.’ – Zoë Brigley Thompson
‘A unique and urgent voice plotted against a rich lyricism. These poems are visceral, inventive, with every riff packed to the brim with awe.’ – Rhian Edwards
‘Mari Ellis Dunning writes with honesty about mental disorder and the intricacies of depression, but her poetry is charged by the body and the senses. This tension between mind and matter gives the poems a dark energy.’ – Anna Lewis